Cuties Erin & Sam from Second Wind CSA, who grew many tasty vegetables for this harvest feast.
- Delicata squash with chestnut stuffing: redolent of roasted chestnuts, caramelized vegetables, herbs, and more.
- Apple, dried cherry, and walnut salad with creamy maple dressing and local mesclun
- Phyllo triangles stuffed with tempeh and fall vegetables with miso-beer gravy: this gravy works perfectly on the squash as well, and the triangles freeze beautifully in case you have somewhat of an overflow refrigerator situation this week.
- Caesar salad with sourdough croutons, nori, and romaine lettuce
- Cabbage rolls stuffed with sauerkraut, apples, and rye bread with dill sauce: in truth, my favorite of this week’s meals. Tart and sweet and rich, this just tastes like a special day to me. If only I could insert the smell of the rye bread I’m making (I’m making it today so it can get a bit stale in order to soak up the flavors of the other cabbage roll ingredients better) into this post–oh man. Caraway and tang and fermentation and warm warm warm.
- Squash salad with red cabbage and tempeh bacon: a strangely addicting salad, lovely warm or cold or room temperature. Squash cooked in carrot juice with sauteed cabbage—I know, it sounds really weird. But it’s beautiful and great.
- Soup: Bourbon, caramelized onion, and sweet potato soup: a velvety smooth soup.
- Salad dressing: Pesto vinaigrette