Our new website, lagustasluscious.com, launched today!
Change your bookmarks (bluestockingbonbons.com will direct you to the new site though)!
Behold the splendor!
I thought I’d run through the most notable changes that affect your Lagusta’s Luscious choco-buying experience here.
While we’re at it, would you like to see a photo of me in my party frock during our grand opening party last weekend? Why, don’t mind if I do!
Great new things about shipping:
- First of all and most new: All orders will be packed with ice packs and insulated cool wrap until October. For this reason, you might initially think shipping charges are higher, but actually they are cheaper (because PayPal, our old system, was wonky.). Of course, if you used to order chocolates without ordering ice packs, which I never ever recommend, unless it’s winter and you live on the East Coast, your shipping will be higher. But your chocolates will actually arrive in an edible condition, which I personally think is a rather salient and important factor.
- Now, what if you live in, say, California, and want to add an extra ice pack to your order? You still can. But…not right now. We’re working on it! Please know, however, that if you order more than 4 boxes of chocolates we will include at least 2 ice packs. We’ll keep including them proportionally with your order—we’ve got your back!
- You can also still choose from Priority Mail (1-5 days, generally 2-3 days) and Express Mail (1-2 days, generally overnight). I highly recommend that all orders West of the Rockies use Express Mail in the summer climes.
- I’ve tested the shipping prices/options a million times, but there is a chance a weight could be set up wrong for a product or something could just get wonky for no reason whatsoever, so please—if you think your shipping costs are bizarre, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org before or after you place your order (a refund is easy to do, don’t freak out if you’ve already ordered). In general, an order of two boxes of chocolates shipping to the East Coast in the summertime (with the included [hey, and reusable!] ice pack) should cost around $10. Obviously it will be a bit more the more West you go. There is a slight price break for the more you order. Ordering one chocolate bar will cost the same to ship as ordering three, because the PO charges us the same. Just FYI.
- Another cool thing is that you now have the option to order over the website if you live in New Paltz (or nearby, or will be visiting NP, etc.), and you can pick up at the shop. Just click “Store Pickup, Walk In.” as your shipping option. You’ll get a confirmation email when your order is ready, and then you can pop in. No shipping costs, of course! This is great for when you don’t want to play roulette with what we have on hand in the shop. Sometimes you just need a box of Vulvas, ya dig?
- The most decadent new option is The Bluestocking Bonbons collection (ooh la la)! What a gift! Sixty-two chocolates! Wrapped in our glorious full-color eco-friendly boxes and wrapping paper, beribboned with our compostable ribbon, and cheaper than buying each of the boxes individually! If you can imagine a better gift for a Women’s Studies graduation, doula or midwife certification, V-day, International Women’s Day, or just to celebrate the a great feminist in your life, I’d like to know about it (yeah, ending the patriarchy would be pretty good too. But this is CHOCOLATE!).
- New (old) product: peppermint bark with homemade peppermints. You might recall it from such months as December, 2010.
- Improvement! The Big Truffle Assortment and Big Mixed Assortment now come with complimentary gift wrapping!
- New gift option: The Chocolate Bar Collection. All five chocolate bars (including two new bars: a 60.5% bittersweet bar, and a 66% bittersweet bar.), be-ribboned and ready for gifting.
- New gift option: The Pink Box of truffles in a porcelain half pint. So farm-chic!
- New (old) product: the intense anatomical hearts. Which you might remember from Valentine’s 2010.
- The new site is much easier for me (Lagusta! Speaking of: is now a good time to mention that you might be pronouncing my name wrong? It’s totally cool, it happens, but just FYI, it has a “gus” in the middle, not a “goo.” There’s no story behind it, I don’t speak Spanish (unfortunately), it’s not a nom de chef. My parents met at Woodstock. That’s the kind of name you get with parents like that…) to add new products to, so keep on the lookout for new things popping up now and then. Also easy to do are: SALES! Yeah!
- The August 2011 Chocolate of the Month. Please give a warm welcome to Heathen Toffee! For all you godless heathens out there, I present a traditional English toffee made with organic and fair-trade sugar, studded with toasted organic almonds, enrobed in our (organic and fair-trade, of course) decadent 60% dark chocolate. 6 ounces of it! This is a serious box of seriously tasty sweet stuff.