Dinner #2 of the 2013 season! Tickets are currently on sale. SOLD OUT! THANKS SO MUCH!!
June 21, 22, and 23:
June 2013: Foraged Feast
As many found foods as we can stuff into one giant meal. Depending on what’s in the fields, forest, backyard, and garden, here’s a loose idea of the menu:
- May wine
- Almond deviled eggless eggs with backyard chives and sautéed daylillies
- Schav (Yiddish sorrel soup) with garlic chives, white chicken mushrooms and fried pickle lace
- Creamed spring spinach, garlic mustard, and dandelion with burdock
- Beet salad with woodruff, cashew cheese, radish, yuzu, and pine oil dressing
- Spring mushrooms (ideally morels and chanterelles, we’ll see what’s out there in the world!) with pickled ramp béarnaise
- Lilac sorbet with strawberry flowers and fraises du bois
- White chocolate mousse with chamomile sauce and wild walnut cream
- Mignardise: Spruce sablee cookies
The fine print:
- Unfortunately we can’t accommodate substitutions for the menu.
- Want to bring your own alcohol? Bring it! (Glasses of whatever you’re drinking sent to the kitchen wouldn’t be turned down…)
- Dinners contain all kinds of things like nuts, wheat, gluten, soy, & sugar—but never any dead animals or animal products. ‘Course not!
- If you have a birthday in your party, let us know when you place your reservation.
- Mignardises are a secret treat we give you at the very end of the meal to take with you…or eat as you linger with your new besties all night long!
- Dinners are $60 per person, plus tax.