I just picked up some great salad mix from Pete Taliaferro. Here’s what it looked like when it was in the ground:
Can I mention for the millionth time how wonderful spring is?
I hope you’re all enjoying the great local organic asparagus. Pete reports that he should have it at least until June, so don’t get tired of it! This week features it in a nice pasta sauce made from artichoke and asparagus purees thickened with a little flour, brightened with a little lemon juice, and sparkling with a gremolata made with lemon zest, parsley, and toasty pine nuts. It’s a perfect creamy, comforting dish for these mercurial days.
Here’s what else is the on the menu:
- Mixed vegetable wat (African stew) with teff (an African whole grain)
Here’s what the Wat looked like last year when I made it, I don’t think it will be so mushroomy this year and I don’t think fiddleheads are available anymore:
- Mellow greens with Moroccan-spiced vinaigrette and olive oil-fried almonds
- Asparagus and artichoke sauce with spinach linguine
- Carrot, cauliflower and beet salad with fennel-orange dressing
- Persian tempeh with fennel, broccoli, and pomegranate
- Mushrooms stuffed with mushroom-walnut pâté
- Soup: Asparagus bisque
- Salad dressing: Carrot cumin vinaigrette
Just email me if you’d like to place an order!