Lots happening this week! The cold snap of the past week means no asparagus for us, but there are still some great local beauties popping up. I’ve secured some great greens and spring onions and ramps that I’ll be picking up this weekend.
Also, there are two brand sparkling new dishes on the menu! Fettuccine with a lovely white wine and lemon sauce and Brussels sprouts and artichokes (and I can do regular fettuccine, spinach fettuccine, or rice noodles, just let me know. Regular tasty fettuccine is what I’m planning on, but the other options are there.), and a very nice confit made from carrots–I’m asking farmers to try to get some great newborn baby carrots–and fennel. Yum!
Here’s the menu:
- Barbecue: (homemade, with the flour above) seitan with barbecue sauce, rice, and grilled onions
- Pesto pasta salad with capers and artichoke hearts
- Soft buckwheat polenta with mushroom ragoût and kale
- White beans and flageolet beans with lemon and tarragon
- Fettuccine with Brussels sprouts and artichokes barigoule (wine-lemon sauce)
- Fennel and carrot confit with Provençal olives
- Soup: Velvety wild mushroom soup with sherry and thyme
- Salad dressing: to come! For some reason the dressing scheduled is the Moroccan vinaigrette that was on the menu last week. I’m going to go through my files tonight to find a brand new, exciting one to make. If you have any salad dressing wishes, let me know!
If you’d like to place an order, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.