It’s the first week of CSA pick ups! I have two shares from my dear friends Erin and Sam’s Community Supported Agriculture project, Second Wind CSA, and I’m so excited to pick up their great produce every week! Most of my treasures will make their way into the meals, so look for some super special farm-fresh veggies.
This week brings some lovely meals. The Koshari is one of my favorite dishes of all time. It’s an Egyptian street food that I’ve made into a super healthy, super tasty dish bursting with caramelized crispy spring onions and a lovely tomato sauce. I also love the sweetly retro (with a twist!) miso-glazed peas and carrots…well, I love everything, actually—I only make foods I love! I hope you love them too.
Here’s the menu in full, just let me know if you’d like to place an order.
- Puttanesca sauce with fresh broccoli and spinach fettuccine
- Miso-glazed peas and carrots
- Koshari – Middle Eastern lentils and rice with elbow noodles, roasted heirloom tomato sauce, and crispy onions
- Mixed lettuces with cocoa-spiced almonds and reduced balsamic vinaigrette
- African yam and groundnut (peanut) stew with millet
- Green beans with shredded coconut and mustard seeds
- Soup: Cauliflower soup with marcona almonds and pickled peppers
- Salad dressing: Miso Vinaigrette
Also, I just added some great new items to my General Store: raw beautiful cashew cream cheese and some aged cashew cheese that is so wonderful on toast that it’s going to blow your mind. It’s true vegan cheese made with no weird ingredients or laboratory machines–handmade in Brooklyn! Details are all online here!