So clichéd, I know, but I couldn’t resist!
This week’s meals are summertime to the max, and I couldn’t be more excited.
English peas, still snap peas, the first of the summer squash, baby carrots, spinach, man oh man! I have to moderate my excitement so I don’t start running around in circles like a Tasmanian devil (which they really do! I saw this dude in Tasmania doing it. So weird.).
Here’s the agenda for the week to come, and a photo of me feeding a wallaby in Australia, just for kicks.
- Summer squash tart with olives and oregano: a savory tart! Phyllo dough, caramelized onions, garden herbs, and of course summer squash.
- Braised cauliflower with Kalamata vinaigrette
- Artichoke, olive, and preserved lemon tagine with chermoula and harissa sauces: probably one of the best meals I make. No joke.
- Roasted Hakurei turnips with lavender
- Gourmet sloppy joes with homemade focaccia bread: yep, firing up the pizza oven on the summer solstice weekend. The bread is worth it!
- Mixed lettuces and roasted bitter greens with pink peppercorn-tarragon “ranch” dressing
- Soup: S´chee (Russian cabbage soup): can be eaten cold, sort of like a Russian gazpacho (OK, I made that up, but it makes sense, really!).
- Salad dressing: Mustard and roasted garlic dressing
If you’d like to place an order, just let me know.