Lusciousnesses? Why not.
Here’s what’s on the menu for this week:
- Deconstructed pesto pasta: summertime at its most simple and friendly.
- Eggplant Niçoise (stuffed eggplant halves): olivey and rich, really this is an entrée pretending to be a side dish.
- Thai coconut curried tempeh with greens: Once I ate this meal pretty much very night for a year. People would come to my house and say “oh. Coconut curried tempeh.” It’s filled with vibrant Thai flavors, thick rice noodles, local veggies, and homemade chickpea tempeh, and I have yet to get tired of it.
- Beet and raspberry salad: super super fresh, with an orange vinaigrette and pretty baby garden herbs, this salad needs to be eaten as soon as you get the delivery for maximum freshness–I’m picking up the raspberries Monday and they are delicate and tender little dudes.
- Herbed artisanal calzones with pesto: calzones! And pesto twice in a week! It is August, after all. Usually I fill these with a mixture of marinated artichoke hearts, roasted veggies, and olives…but I can’t say that another inspiration might not strike. There are some glorious tomatoes around, so maybe I’ll make a quickie tomato sauce for them.
- Calabacitas (Southwestern sautéed summer squash, onions, and peppers): a shout of happiness about local produce in the form of a meal.
- Soup: Callaloo (Caribbean vegetable and greens soup): with amaranth greens, and okra is there is any nice okra around, this is a lovely summery soup.
- Salad dressing: Carrot ginger dressing: the health food restaurant classic! So good.