This is very strange, but I only have two open spots for this week. Isn’t everyone supposed to be on vacation??
Also, I haven’t yet put up the photos of the meal delivery meals from last week because I can’t find the teeny tiny little card that they are on. Those little cards are too miniscule for my wild whirling life, they are always getting lost on the way to and from the kitchen. Alas. I’m hopeful it will turn up.
In the meantime, let us keep moving forward:
- Soft buckwheat polenta with mushroom ragoût and market greens: such a nice and comforting dish, homey and toothsome.
- French lentil salad with carrots, celery, red onions and preserved lemon vinaigrette: I adore preserved lemons!
- African yam and groundnut (peanut) stew with millet: creamy and warm.
- Fresh haricot verts with shredded coconut and mustard seeds: it’s green bean season!!
- Homemade udon noodles with dipping sauce and steamed vegetables: homemade udon noodles are so ridiculously labor intensive, but I am too in love with them not to make them.
- Cold eggplant salad with sesame dressing
- Soup: Scarlet carrot soup: a carrot soup with a bit of vibrant color from beets, this is a recipe from the dearly departed Gourmet magazine.
- Salad dressing: Southeast Asian vinaigrette with lime, garlic, ginger, and mint