We’re in full Valentine’s mode now–the busiest three weeks of the year are here! If you haven’t made your selections yet, here are some ideas for your loved ones, or, even better, to Valentine yourself.
- The biggest and fanciest of our Valentine selections is the My Heart is Yours collection. It’s a giant 6″ chocolate heart filled with nine special chocolates. It’s truly special, and a truly huge amount of chocolate, too.
- Our Intense Anatomical Heart is one of the most wild and crazy chocolates we make. Not for the faint of you-know-what, it’s tangy, fruity, bitter, and salty, an entire rollercoaster of flavors unfolding one after another on your tongue. It’s for the kind of love that leaves your heart pounding and your mouth dry—that wild kind of relationship.
- The White Chocolate Strawberry Bark is red and swirly and perfectly suited to your Valentine who maybe doesn’t love deep dark chocolate but just wants something fun and snackable.
- All of our truffles are, of course, classic symbols of love, but the new Harlot Box is especially lovey because it includes pomegranate truffles garnished with gorgeous organic rose petals.
- If you want to extend your love to animals this loving season, not only is the Rosemary Sea Salt Caramels (we just call it RSSC) box our bestest seller of all time, but half the cost of each box goes to Friends of Animals as well.
- The feisty feminist women in your life will be honored to receive any of our Bluestocking Bonbons, each of which is named for an inspiring woman. The Raspberries de Pizan are particularly perfect, since they’re filled with fresh raspberry puree.
- And, of course, Furious Vulvas. Of course!
When I need to add a photo to the website, I’m supposed to upload it to an FTP thingie. But my FTP program thingie is always annoying, and uploading photos to this blog is so easy! Thus, the purpose of this blog post is to upload this photo of the Luscious Locavore box (<—- fabulous new name, as mentioned in the post below, is thanks to Facebook pal Erica!). It’s a truly beautiful thing, this box in this beautiful porcelain container. Read all about it here!
Hey, a blog post with Valentine’s ideas is coming soon! The February Chocolate of the Month is already up though, and it is GIANT and amazing.
Do I know how to get blog views, or what?
(Not a photo of the New Paltz Box, this is the blueberry truffle box from this summer.)
Here’s the situation. I’ve overhauled the beloved Pink Box of truffles a bit. Because it contained three truffles that featured local ingredients, I removed the one non-local truffle (the Pomegranate) to its own box (over here) and swapped it out with the Blueberry Black Pepper Currant truffle that everyone so adored from this summer. Because New Paltz has such strong historical ties to blueberry picking, and because this truffle is too tasty not to make all the time, I think it’s a good fit, and I hope you’ll like the revamped box.
Right now I’m calling it the “New Paltz Box,” but that’s pretty boring, as is the Hudson Valley Box. It would be nice to have a snappy name (like Heathen Toffee for a bunch of atheists making toffee that tastes a bit like that candy bar that rhymes with “teeth”–punny!).
Can you think of something better? Something the embodies the spirit of the strange and lovely mountain town of New Paltz, or the Hudson Valley in general, while tying it to the chocolates in this box? It’s a tall order. If you think of the absolutely perfect name, write it as a comment on our Facebook wall, and I’ll pick the best one and/or will let the one which gets the most “likes” win.
The winner will receive two (2!!) boxes of this sparkly new chocolate in the mail when we return from our vacation, around the end of January. Sound good? Let’s go!