Here are a few links to recipes, food essays, rants, ideas, and inspiration from my old meal delivery site, as well as my personal blog. Enjoy!
Great essays, food talk, and pretty photos:
- My coconut manifesto: why coconut is the new dairy. I think maybe the best thing I’ve ever written in terms of strict usefulness.
- In case you want to email me to ask if I think you should go to the Natural Gourmet cooking school in NYC.
- Really random thoughts on cooking.
- Hey, a super famous poet wrote a poem about my bittersweet chocolate vulvas!
- The grand peanut butter taste test of 2010.
- When I read a depressing book about chocolate.
- Continued musings after reading said depressing book about chocolate.
- Photos of this cool arty chocolatey thing I did in Brooklyn.
- The fanciest meal I’ve ever had. ALINEA!
- When I was really into writing poetry in chocolate.
- Photos of one week of cooking for the meal delivery.
- I. Am. Wildly. Obsessed. With. Watermelon.
- Once I got an email from Vandana Shiva and almost died.
- Mostly about peas + politics. And pretty photos.
- A few photos from the launch party for the Bluestocking Bonbons!
- All about Jerusalem artichokes, aka sunchokes.
- When I got really excited about making chocolate from scratch.
- A little bit about mushrooming.
- Sigh. I so adore my former sous chef Veronica.
- I believe in veganic farming.
- I love gum! LOVE IT.
And a few recipes:
- Potato latkes meal with variations, homemade “sour cream,” and pink applesauce
- My homemade tempeh recipe
- Lemon thyme-pine nut cookie sandwiches with strawberry frosting
- Lentils + rice (mujaddara) and koshari. So good.
- My literally award-winning chili!
- Onion rings!
- If you’ve ever eaten my food, you’ve probably eaten the dang phyllo triangles.
- More phyllo, this time smaller: fennel-olive pastries.
- Your Thanksgiving dessert: the famous pumpkin-bourbon tart.
- All about agar.
- Ethiopian wat with savory teff muffins
- Matzo ball soup!
- Mexican chocolate chipotle sandwich cookies with cinnamon ganache filling: THESE ARE GREAT!
- Sugared flowers.
- Cabbage and onion pie. My oh my.
- The only not vegan recipe you’ll ever see from me: what I feed my beautiful cats.
And finally, really pretty photos of cupcakes.